Frequently Asked Questions
- After the RT400 IC or cloud library licensing is paid, what guarantees are there to maintain the service and to protect customers or users from the discontinue of the service – in case of Remotec closing down or other unforeseeable circumstances?
- Are there any devices or regions that are not supported?
- Are there any examples or sample scripts that can be provided to speed up the development process?
- Are there any other additional costs apart from the RT400 IC and code library licensing unit costs?
- Can your databases be implemented into our system? What limitations are there?
- Could we use your API and database and place it in our own designated server?
- Do you have any further information for the RT400 IC that can be provided for review?
- How and how often is your database updated?
- How can I test the coverage of the IR code database?
- How can I test the functions of the RT400 IC to evaluate the hardware?
- How do you ensure that the server or your RemoteBLE API is safe?
- How does Remotec maintain the cloud IR database and compare with other companies that claim to have more than X number of codes or how it supports X number of devices, more than the industry standard or Remotec?
- How is our Database distributed?
- How is pricing for RT400 and Cloud Library Licensing quoted? Are there different types of RT400 IC’s and Cloud Library Licenses for different applications?
- How is the cloud database server maintained? What are the procedures if the cloud database server is down?
- How is the cloud IR database maintained, what process is carried out to ensure the quality of IR code database?
- How will users know what changes are implemented in the database?
- If Remotec’s database is used to develop my own product and application, what form of support will be provided?
- If there are specific brands that I would like include in the database that is not currently supported, what will be the procedure of the inclusion?
- If we were to develop a product/service/application using your database, what form of RF protocol are you experienced in?
- Is there a list for your coverage and supported devices?
- Is there a list of your coverage, supported models and/or devices?
- What are the key factors in their usage of our code library licensing?
- What changes are made on an annual basis to your database, company or devices?
- What format is your IR data in? What formats are supported?
- What is difference between RT400 and IR code library licensing?
- What is IR code library licensing?
- What is IR learning and how is it used?
- What is RemoteBLE?
- What is required to access the Remoteble API?
- What is RT400?
- What is the difference between storing the IR code library in the cloud, app and locally?
- What is the standard lead time for the creation of a database or server build for a customer?
- What type of devices does your IR database support?
- Where is the IR code library stored at and what services are used?
- Why is the database separated by regions?